Thursday 26 November 2020

The prophesy of Joel and of David














Joel prophesied about the Set Apart (Holy) Spirit to be sent many years before Messiah came to walk on the earth.

Joel 2:28-31 “And after this it shall be that I pour out My Spirit on all flesh. And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men dream dreams, your young men see visions. “And also, on the male servants and on the female servants I shall pour out My Spirit in those days. “And I shall give signs in the heavens and upon the earth: blood and fire and columns of smoke, the sun is turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the coming of the great and awesome day of Yahuah.

In Acts 2:16-20 Peter the apostle confirms the fulfilment of prophesy spoken by Joel regarding the Spirit; ‘And it shall be in the last days, says Elohim, that I shall pour out of My Spirit on all flesh. And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams, and also on My male servants and on My female servants I shall pour out My Spirit in those days, and they shall prophesy. ‘And I shall show wonders in the heaven above and signs in the earth beneath: blood and fire and vapour of smoke. ‘The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the coming of the great and splendid day of Yahuah.









 

The Spirit is given to all who repent and walk with Yahuah – this prophesy is fulfilled!

Dreams, visions and prophesies are ongoing – this prophesy is half fulfilled!

Blood, fire and the sun turn to darkness plus moon to blood has not happened yet – this prophesy still to happen.

Then, once this has all played out, the great and awesome day of Yahuah will come to be!

The prophesy of David: Psalm 16:8-11 I have set Yahuah always before me; because He is at my right hand I am not shaken. Therefore, my heart was glad, and my esteem rejoices; my flesh also dwells in safety. For You do not leave my being in the grave, neither let Your Kind One see corruption. You show me the path of life; In Your presence is joy to satisfaction; At Your right hand are pleasures forever.

David is speaking about the Messiah; If you read these verses carefully you notice David speaking about been saved, walking in His presence and having everlasting life.




















In Acts 2:25-28 Peter the apostle confirms the fulfilment of prophesy spoken by David; “For David says concerning Him, ‘I saw Yahuah before me continually, because He is at my right hand, in order that I should not be shaken. ‘For this reason, my heart rejoiced, and my tongue was glad, and now my flesh shall also rest in expectation, because You shall not leave my being in the grave, nor shall You give Your Kind One to see corruption. ‘You have made known to me the ways of life, You shall fill me with joy in Your presence.’

Again, reading these verses carefully, Peter and the other apostles knew David was speaking about the Messiah when David spoke this prophesy.

Peter tells us that David was also a prophet in verse 30-31 “Being a prophet, then, and knowing that Elohim had sworn with an oath to him: of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, to raise up the Messiah to sit on his throne, foreseeing this he spoke concerning the resurrection of the Messiah, that His being was neither left in the grave, nor did His flesh see corruption.

Heavenly Father made a promise to David regarding the Messiah and we now know that He keeps His promise and the Messiah has come.

HalleluYah, praise the Almighty forever.

Messiah spoke to the prophet Zechariah regarding Himself (Messiah) and the Set-apart (Holy) Spirit in Zechariah 12:10-11, “And I shall pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of favour and prayers. And they shall look on Me whom they pierced, and they shall mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son. And they shall be in bitterness over Him as a bitterness over the first-born. “In that day the mourning in Jerusalem is going to be great, ……


 

No comments:

Post a Comment