Wednesday 11 August 2021

Sheol (Hell)






The word ‘hell’ (sheol) is rendered by the Septuagint, “Hades.” It properly means the grave, and then the dark regions of the lower world. Sheol means place of the dead.

In Isaiah 14:9 the prophet says the grave will be happy to see the wicked. Who is Isaiah talking about in verse 11, "your arrogance has been brought down to sheol where the worms will cover you?"

Isaiah 14:12-16 “How you have fallen from the heavens, O Helel, son of the morning! You have been cut down to the ground, you who laid low the nations! “For you have said in your heart, ‘Let me go up to the heavens, let me raise my throne above the stars of El (Almighty), and let me sit in the mount of meeting on the sides of the north; let me go up above the heights of the clouds, let me be like the Most High.’ “But you are brought down to the grave, to the sides of the pit. Lucifer means the shinning one. Helel (heilel) = lucifer, yalal, yell, howl, or shriek, translated as the shining one.

Isaiah is talking about satan (the devil). Satan is the ruler of the un-believers. Read also Ezekiel 28:13-15 regarding the fall of the devil.









 

Satan has no power, all he can do is lie, deceive and murder.

He has been defeated but people are still listening to him.

You have people following satan unknowingly and there are people who are worshipping the wicked one openly.








 


In Matthew 4:3-11, Yahusha (Jesus) was tested by the devil. In verse 8-9 the devil said to Yahusha, "if you worship me, then I will give you the world." Messiah reject this and told the devil that only the Creator can be worshipped - verse 10.

Was satan lying to Yahusha when he said "I will give You the world if you worship me."

If I look at the world governments, Hollywood, the banking system and other systems then I must agree the devil and his followers are running the world.

I then understand when Yahusha says “Come out from among them and be separate," says Yahuah - 2 Corinthians 6:17.

The prophet Jeremiah also warned the Israelites in Jeremiah 51:45 “Come out of her midst, My people! And let everyone deliver his being from the burning displeasure of Yahuah.









 

And in Revelation 18:4 Yahusha is saying to us again “Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues."









 

Are we hearing His warning and have we come out or are we unknowingly still worshipping the devil?

Let it not be!

No comments:

Post a Comment