Thursday 7 December 2017

A Servant






Matthew 20:25-28, Messiah called them near and said, "You know that the rulers (leaders, presidents, kings) of the nations are masters over them (people), and those who are great exercise authority over them. "But it shall not be so among you (disciples), but whoever wishes to become great (leaders, presidents, pastors, priests) among you, let him be your servant. "And whoever wishes to be first among you, let him be your servant, even as the Son of Adam (Messiah) did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many."

Mark 10:45 “For even the Son of Adam (Messiah) did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”
















Isaiah 49:1-7, the prophet describes the Servant that will come in the future to bring back the tribes of Jacob (Israel). That servant is Yahusha Messiah (Jesus).

Isaiah 49:1-7 listen to Me, O coastlands, and hear, you peoples from afar! Yahuah has called Me from the womb, from My mother’s belly He has caused My Name to be remembered. And He made My mouth like a sharp sword, in the shadow of His hand He hid Me, and made Me a polished shaft. In His quiver He hid Me.” And He said to Me, ‘You are My servant, O Israel, in whom I am adorned.’ And I said, ‘I have laboured in vain, I have spent my strength for emptiness, and in vain. But my right-ruling is with Yahuah, and my work with my Elohim.’ ” And now said Yahuah – who formed Me from the womb to be His Servant, to bring Jacob back to Him, though Israel is not gathered to Him, yet I am esteemed in the eyes of Yahuah, and My Elohim has been My strength – and He says, “Shall it be a small matter for You to be My Servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to bring back the preserved ones of Israel? And I shall give You as a light to the gentiles, to be My deliverance to the ends of the earth!” Thus said Yahuah, the Redeemer of Israel, their Set-apart One, to the despised, to the loathed One of the nation, to the Servant of rulers, “Sovereigns shall see and arise, rulers also shall bow themselves, because of Yahuah who is steadfast, the Set-apart One of Israel. And He has chosen You!”














The Messiah to the servant to bring back the preserved ones of Israel and he the Messiah will be the light to the nations and deliverance to the ends of the earth! Messiah is the Redeemer of Israel, their Set-apart One, who will Serve them.

Like the Messiah is a servant so must we be servants as in Matthew 25:34-40 “Then the Sovereign shall say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the reign prepared for you from the foundation of the world – for I was hungry and you gave Me food, I was thirsty and you gave Me drink, I was a stranger and you took Me in, was naked and you clothed Me, I was sick and you visited Me, I was in prison and you came to Me.’ “Then the righteous shall answer Him, saying, ‘Master, when did we see You hungry and we fed You, or thirsty and gave You to drink? ‘And when did we see You a stranger and took You in, or naked and clothed You? ‘And when did we see You sick, or in prison, and we came to You?’ “And the Sovereign shall answer and say to them, ‘Truly, I say to you, in so far as you did it to one of the least of these My brothers, you did it to Me.’.

One day, we would want to hear the following words from Messiah to each one of us; 'Well done, good and trustworthy servant - Matthew 25:21 & 23.




















Are you a servant - servant of the Good News, servant to the poor/widows and a servant for the Kingdom of Heavenly Father?


Or do you want to be in the front line, the VIP or the leader of the pack. Messiah says the one that is last will be first in the Kingdom.


No comments:

Post a Comment