Friday 5 June 2020

Pride








Pride is a spiritual cancer that devours families, destroys marriages, divides assemblies (church) and corrupts governments.

Pride: I'm great, I'm right, I'm very smart.

These six matters Yahuah hates: A proud look (1 of 6) - Proverbs 6:16-17.

The times of the end are here as said in 2 Timothy 3:1-2, For men shall be lovers of self, lovers of money, boasters, proud, .........

What do we normally say to a child or a family member; I am so proud of you! The definition of pride of life: When you think too highly of your person-hood, possessions or performance - and therefore think too little of Yahuah.

Many may say; wait a minute, the pride I am talking about is the good pride. We say; I am proud of you for achieving at school, at university, on the sport field and at work. It is not bad pride, we only showing our appreciation and support for the one we love.

Is that true? Why do we not say, "I appreciate you of what you are doing or even better, "I thank Yahuah for you or simple, "Good job." We can also say I am very pleased with you. Just remove the word "pride" out of your thoughts.



















Abba Father told His Son in Mark 1:11, "You are My Son, the Beloved, in whom I did delight."

Let’s do the same as Yahuah, instead of using that horrible word "pride."

We need three things to die daily to, 1) Lust of the flesh. 2) Lust of the eyes. 3) The pride of life - 1 John 2:16.

Yahusha Messiah said; "What comes out of a man, that defiles a man. "For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil reasonings, adulteries, whorings, murders, greedy desires & pride.... Mark 7:20-23.

Satan was kicked out of Heaven because of pride - Isaiah 14:11-14. Adam and Eve were kicked out of Eden because of pride - Genesis 3:5.




















Before destruction comes pride, and before a fall a haughty spirit! - Proverbs 16:18.

Scary, very scary!

Humility is the alternative to pride. He certainly scoffs the scoffers but gives favour (grace) to the humble - Proverbs 3:34.

Because of this He says, "Elohim resists the proud, but gives favour to the humble" - James 4:6.

How can we tell if someone is humble? This is very obvious! The true humble person always gives credit, honor and glory to whom credit, honor and glory are due!

And that is not to one self or to any other person.
















Yahusha (Jesus) Messiah said in John 15:5, "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who stays in Me, and I in Him, he bears much fruit. Because without Me you are able to do nothing!

We cannot do anything on our own without Messiah! Only our Creator gives us the will, the opportunity and the power, we cannot inhale one breath, speak one word, take one step or even think one thought, much less achieve other accomplishments without acknowledging Yahuah's omnipotence (His great power) or arrogantly we deny it.

For it is Elohim who is working in you both to desire and to work for His good pleasure - Philippians 2:13.

Yahuah's Spirit is living in a believer for His own purpose, not your own.

Shaul (Paul) wrote in Colossians 3:17, And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the Name of the Master Yahusha, giving thanks to Elohim the Father through Him. And again, Shaul says in 1 Corinthians 10:31, Therefore, weather you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the esteem of Elohim.

That's both specific and comprehensive, isn't it? NOT TO THE GLORY OF ME!

From whom am I or you are seeking the approval.

Galatians 1:10 asks; For do I persuade men, or Elohim? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I should not be a servant of Messiah.

Are we getting the picture! If we are still not getting the picture, then read Proverbs 16:5 and hopefully this wakes us up!

Everyone proud in heart is an abomination to Yahuah.





















Have we given Yahuah full credit, glory for our accomplishments in thought, prayer or in witness before others? You do not have to please others! Just do what Yahuah wants you to do, because at the end of the day, it is only He who can satisfy your heart.

Not the approval or applause from other people. I am not pointing fingers here because most of my life was about pride, pride in sport, school, my work, home and many more.

All glory was kept to myself and not praising Yahuah for what He allowed me to achieve.
Yahuah, I want more of You and less of me.

Finally, this is what will happen to each one of us, the choice is ours! "Everyone, therefore, who shall confess Me (Messiah) before men, him I shall also confess before My Father who is in the heavens. "But whoever shall deny Me before men, him I shall also deny before My Father who is in the heavens - Matthew 10:32-33.

If you love people praising you, then you have received your reward - Matthew 6:2.



No comments:

Post a Comment