Thursday 18 August 2022

Yeshua or Yahusha/Yahshua


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I watched a video recently where the Messiah’s name was discussed as to be Yeshua or Yahshua.

As mentioned in the video, Yahshua does mean “YAH Saves” or “YAH will Save.”

And Yeshua does mean “He Saves” or “He will Save.”

I pronounce and write the Messiah’s name as Yahusha.


 

 

 

1)It is also true that the man that led Israel into the promised land was known in English as Joshua as transliterated from Hebrew (Yahshua/Yahusha). His name was changed by Moses (Numbers 13:16) from Hoshea (Husha) which means saving to Yahoshua (Yahusha). Joshua as known in the English bibles like the KJV.

2)As mentioned in video clip Yahoshua's (Joshua) name was changed to Yeshua when Judah came back from Babylon captivity (Nehemiah 8:17). Not sure why his name was changed to Yeshua but this name change did not come from Joshua himself or Moses as they were long time gone. He was known as Yahoshua when he went to his grave, which means people changed his name without his approval, Moses’s approval or Yahuah’s approval.

The applicable verse that the person in the video reference is Matthew 1:21; “And she shall give birth to a Son, and you shall call His Name Joshua (Jesus) for He shall save His people from their sins.”


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Who saves?

Question: “Who is the one that saves?” Let me explain the two scenarios regarding the Savior’s name in Hebrew.

Scenario 1;

3)If I was a Hebrew speaking person and another person shared the good news of the Messiah in Hebrew to me saying: He saves (Yeshua) is the only one that can cleanse you of your sin. My question would be to that person “What is His name?” The persons answer would be ‘He saves!” My reply once again would be; that is great news but I need to know who this "He" is that saves, where does He come from and who sent Him! (Remember we speaking Hebrew).

Scenario 2;

4)If I was a Hebrew speaking person and another person shared the good news of the Messiah in Hebrew to me saying: Yah saves (Yahusha) is the only one that can cleanse you of your sin. My question would be “When will Yah-saves (Yahusha) be sent?” His answer would be ‘Yah has already sent Him to save His people” I would answer again, that is great news! (Again, remember we are speaking Hebrew).

Yeshua tells me someone (He) will save but who is He that saves! Yahusha on the other hand tells me Yah will save, which is clear as to who that One is that saves.

5)Messiah said; “When I was with them in the world, I was guarding them in Your Name which You have given Me, … (John 17:12).

Father gave Messiah His Name to guard those people.The people knew who He was and from where He came.

Clearly the Messiah had some part of the Father’s name and the people could identify Him coming from Yahuah.

Re-looking at Matthew 1:21, the Messenger was stating what His name is and then explaining what His purpose will be; Yahoshua (Yahusha) is His name and His purpose is; “He will save (Yeshua) His people from their sins.”

6) We all need to test what is spoken or written by people regarding His word, including testing my words.

7)I have no issue with those who call Him Yeshua or even Jesus as this sharing of my message is my understanding as to who He is and where He comes from!

Yah-saves! In Hebrew - Yahusha!


 

 

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment