Thursday 27 July 2023

Inquired of YAH









Ezekiel 20 verses 2-44

2-3 And the Word of Yahuah came to Ezekiel, saying, “Son of man, speak to the elders of Yisra’el, and say to them, ‘Thus said the Master Yahuah, “Have you come to inquire of Me? As I live, I am not being inquired of by you,” declares the Master Yahuah.’


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4-7 “Judge them, son of man, judge them! Make known to them the abominations of their fathers. “And you shall say to them, ‘Thus said the Master Yahuah, “On the day when I chose Yisra’el and lifted My hand in an oath to the seed of the house of Ya’aqov (Jacob), and made Myself known to them in the land of Egypt, I lifted My hand in an oath to them, saying, ‘I am Yahuah your Elohim.’ “On that day I lifted My hand in an oath to them, to bring them out of the land of Egypt into a land that I had searched out for them, flowing with milk and honey, the splendor of all lands.“And I said to them, ‘Each one of you, throw away the abominations which are before his eyes, and do not defile yourselves with the idols of Egypt! I am Yahuah your Elohim.’

Yah chose Yasharel (Jacob-Israel) then made an oath to Jacob’s seed. Plus, He made His Name known to them in Egypt and an oath to bring them out of Egypt into a land that YAH chose for them. Yah then gave them an instruction to remove the abominations and idols from Egypt so they would not be defiled by them.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Did they all listen?

8 “But they rebelled against Me, and would not obey Me. All of them did not throw away the abominations which were before their eyes, nor did they forsake the idols of Egypt. So, I resolved to pourout My wrath (fury) on them to complete My displeasure against them in the midst of the land of Egypt.

Rebellion led to disobedience that led YAH to punish them.

9-10 “But I acted for My Name’s sake, that it should not be profaned (polluted) before the eyes of the gentiles among whom they were –before whose eyes I had made Myself known to them, to bring them out of the land of Egypt. “So, I took them out of the land of Egypt, and I brought them into the wilderness.

The Creator's name is Set-apart (Holy) and He will not give His glory to idols (Isaiah 42:8) by polluting His Name therefore YAH took them out of Egypt into the wilderness where He could be with them.

11-12 “And I gave them My laws (statutes) and showed them My right-rulings (judgments), ‘which, if a man does, he shall live by them.’ “And I also gave them My Sabbaths, to be a sign between them and Me, to know that I am Yahuah who sets them apart (sanctify).

As mentioned in Ezekiel 19, sin leads to death and here YAH states keeping Torah and His Judgments leads to life and blessings. On top of this YAH gave them a sign to let them stand out from the rest of the nations and to sanctify them by giving them His Sabbaths – the sign. The Sabbath goes back to creation (Genesis 2:1), and is Yahuah's not Yisra’el's.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

13 “But the house of Yisra’el rebelled against Me in the wilderness. They did not walk in My laws, and they rejected Myright-rulings, which, if a man does, he shall live by them. And they greatly profaned (polluted) My Sabbaths. Then I said I would pour out My wrath (fury) on them in the wilderness, to consume them.

But for the second time (first in Egypt), they rebelled against YAH in the wilderness. They also greatly polluted the Sabbaths and for this rebellion YAH’s fury came upon them.

14 “But I acted for My Name’s sake, not to profane (polluted) it before the gentiles, before whose eyes I had brought them out.

15-16 “And I Myself also lifted My hand in an oath to them in the wilderness, not to bring them into the land which I had given them, flowing with milk and honey, the splendor of all lands, because they rejected My right-rulings and did not walk in My laws, and they profaned (polluted) My Sabbaths. For their heart went after their idols.

For their rebellion the punishment was that the people of the present generation would not enter into the promised land.

17 “And My eye pardoned (spared) them, from destroying them. And I did not make an end of them in the wilderness.

YAH’s mercy was on them and He did not destroy them but allowed the next generation to be born in the wilderness.

18-20 “And I said to their children in the wilderness, ‘Do not walk in the laws of your fathers, nor observe their rulings, nor defile yourselves with their idols. ‘I am Yahuah your Elohim. Walk in My laws, and guard My right-rulings, and do them.‘ And set apart My Sabbaths, and they shall be a sign between Me and you, to know that I am Yahuah your Elohim.’

YAH warns the next generation of children not to be rebellious as their forefathers were but rather to walk in YAH’s ways and to keep His Sabbaths set apart for a sign between them and YAH.


 

 

 

 

 

Did they listen!

21-22 “But the children rebelled against Me. They did not walk in My laws, and My right-rulings they did not guard to do them, which, if a man does, he shall live by them. They profaned My Sabbaths, so I resolved to pour out My wrath on them to complete My displeasure against them in the wilderness. “But I held back My hand and acted for My Name’s sake, not to profane it before the eyes of the gentiles, before whose eyes I had brought them out.

Just like the previous generation they rebelled.

23-24 “Also, I Myself lifted My hand in an oath to those in the wilderness, to scatter them among the gentiles and disperse them throughout the lands, because they had not done My right rulings, and they rejected My laws, and they profaned My Sabbaths, and their eyes were on their fathers’ idols.

This rebellious generation did not enter the promised land. An oath was given by YAH of them been scattered and dispersed throughout the land. Could this also be a future prophesy given by YAH once the next generation entered the land.

25-26 “And I also gave them up to laws that were not good, and right-rulings by which they would not live. “And I defiled them by their own gifts, as they passed all their first-born through the fire, so that I might stun them, so that they know that I am Yahuah.” ’

Here YAH is giving them over to their own laws (man-made laws) and a prophesy of future defilement due to their sin.

27 “Therefore, son of man, speak to the house of Yisra’el, and you shall say to them, ‘Thus said the Master Yahuah, “In this your fathers have further reviled Me, by committing trespass against Me.

The next verses YAH speaks to the young generation explaining their forefather’s disobedience and what the consequences were due to them been in rebellion.

28-29 “When I brought them into the land for which I had lifted My hand in an oath to give them, and they saw all the high hills and all the thick trees, they offered their slaughterings there and provoked Me with their offerings there. And they sent up their sweet fragrance there and poured out their drink offerings there. “And I said to them, ‘What is this high place to which you go?’ So its name is called High Place to this day.” ’

Once in the land the people provoked YAH by doing wicked abominations by offering gifts under trees on hills and offering their children through fire to idols which is still been done today through different ways.

30-31 “Therefore say to the house of Yisra’el, ‘Thus said the Master Yahuah, “Are you defiling yourselves in the way of your fathers? And do you whore after their abominations? “For when you lift up your gifts and make your sons pass through the fire, you defile yourselves with all your idols, even to this day. And shall I be inquired of by you, O house of Yisra’el? As I live,” declares the Master Yahuah, “I am not being inquired of by you.

YAH says after all the rebellious people have done to Him, they still want to inquire of Him. YAH’s answer was, “I am not being inquired of by you.

32-33 “And what comes up in your spirit shall never be, when you say, ‘Let us be like the gentiles, like the tribes in other lands, serving wood and stone.’ “As I live,” declares the Master Yahuah, “do not I, with a mighty hand, with an outstretched arm, and with wrath poured out, reign over you?

YAH knew their thoughts and reminded them that He chose them to be His people, therefore He will reign over them by His covenant made to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Israel).

34-38 “And I shall bring you out from the peoples and gather you out of the lands where you are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with an out stretched arm, and with wrath poured out. “And I shall bring you into the wilderness of the peoples, and shall enter into judgment with you face to face there. “As I entered into judgment with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so I shall enter into judgment with you,” declares the Master Yahuah. “And I shall make you pass under the rod, and shall bring you into the bond of the covenant, and purge the rebels from among you, and those who transgress against Me. From the land where they sojourn I bring them out, but they shall not come into the land of Yisra’el. And you shall know that I am Yahuah.

YAH is speaking future prophesy to Ezekiel the prophet. This is to the present scattered Israel around the world and includes us. Read carefully what the future holds for us as the time gets closer to when His people will be gathered by YAH Himself.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

39 “As for you, O house of Yisra’el,” thus said the Master Yahuah, “Go, serve each of you his idols, and afterwards, if you are not listening to Me. But do not profane My set-apart Name any more with your gifts and your idols.

In other words, go offer your gifts, and your children to idols, but do not call yourselves any longer My people, nor pretend to pay your devotions to Me, and thereby bring a reproach upon My Name and worship.

40-44 “For on My set-apart mountain, on the mountain height of Yisra’el,” declares the Master Yahuah, “there all the house of Yisra’el, all of them in the land, shall serve Me. There I shall accept them, and there I shall require your offerings and the first-fruits of your offerings, together with all your set-apart gifts. “As a sweet fragrance I shall accept you when I bring you out from the peoples. And I shall gather you out of the lands where you have been scattered. And I shall be set-apart in you before the gentiles. “And you shall know that I am Yahuah, when I bring you into the land of Yisra’el, into the land for which I lifted My hand in an oath to give to your fathers. “And there you shall remember your ways and all your deeds with which you were defiled. And you shall loathe yourselves in your own sight because of all the evils that you did. “And you shall know that I am Yahuah, when I have dealt with you for My Name’s sake, not according to your evil ways nor according to your corrupt deeds, O house of Yisra’el,” declares the Master Yahuah.’ ”

This prophesy has not been fulfilled yet. Seeing what is occurring in the world right now, all the wickedness, defilement and abominations, YAH has not started with the gathering. What presently is happening within the scattered people is a stirring of the true Word. The Set-apart Ruach (Holy Spirt) is waking up the people who are seeking the truth and preparing them for what will occur in the near future.

In summary these are my thoughts regarding above verses of Ezekiel 20.

1)      A covenant was made with Jacob and his seed.

2)      YAH made various oaths and kept true to His oaths.

3)      On the other hand, the people did not keep to the covenant statues.

4)      All generations rebelled against YAH except for a few within each generation who were true to the covenant.

5)      YAH punished the rebellious ones but He did not destroy them for one reason, and that was for His Set-apart (Holy) Name. One reason why His Name was hidden in our generations.

6)      YAH punished them each time the nation sinned against Him and one of the punishments was to scatter them all across the world. YAH sent Messiah YAHUSHA to restore the covenant to the people, first in the flesh and now in spirit.

7)      We cannot inquire of Him if we are rebellious.

8)      A prophesy is been given for future – read Ezekiel 30:45-49: YAH through His Ruach will stir up a fire in the people to search for truth and start to walk in the truth. Sometime in future He will gather the scattered people from around the world and bring them back into the land where therewill not be any unclean idols to defile them and the rebellious ones will no longer be there to mislead the people. They will never ever pollute the commands, the Sabbaths and His Name again.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This message is for you and I. We have in these past few years experienced a stirring in us to want to know Him and His truth. But this is the warning for you and I: To be with Him we must be set-apart by walking in His commands (statues) and judgements, plus to keep His Sabbaths for a sign between Him and us. We will not be with Him if we are rebellious again. The difference between our old ways and our new ways, is the old ways we were misled (not our fault) but the new ways we now know the truth. We do not have excuses for not knowing the truth.

Sin (lawlessness) leads to death and YAH’s statues, judgment and Sabbaths leads to life.

I end with this final thought. As we look presently at the conditions of the people, we see only rebellious coming forth from all over. Remember what happened to the rebellious people as seen in Ezekiel 20, they were severely punished.

So, looking at the times we are in, are we about to be punished.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment