Friday 27 April 2018

Power in His Name













We read in Scriptures that: "The Name of Yahuah is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe" - Proverbs 18:10.

There is strength and power in the Name of Yahuah and those who belong to Him are protected by that Name.

Moses declared in his song to the children of Israel that: "Yahuah is a man of war; Yahuah is His Name" - Exodus 15:3.

Yahuah actually fights our battles for us and nobody understood that better than David who entered into battle against the Philistine giant Goliath without any armor or conventional weapons. David said the following to the giant; "You come to me with a sword, a spier, and with a shield, but I come to you in the name of Yahuah of hosts, the Elohim of the ranks of Israel, whom you have defied" - 1 Samuel 17:45. David relied on the Name of Yahuah and not weapons.





















David wrote the following passage later in his life: "All nations surrounded me, but in the Name of Yahuah I will destroy them. They surrounded me, yes, they surrounded me; but in the Name of Yahuah I will destroy them. They surrounded me like bees; they were quenched like a fire of thorns; for in the Name of Yahuah I will destroy them - Psalms 118:10-12.

David knew that the Name of Yahuah not only has the power to deliver us in our battles - it also has the power to save.

The Scriptures are clear that we must "repent, and be baptized ........ in the Name of Yahusha the Messiah (Jesus) for the forgiveness of our transgressions, and we shall receive the gift of the Set-Apart (Holy) Spirit" - Acts 2:38.












This is very important because forgiveness is in and through the Name of Yahusha! There is power in the Name of Yahusha - which also contains the Name of Yahusha the Fathers name.

Scriptures that revealing the importance of the Name is the following; John 1:12 but as many as received Him, to them He gave the authority to become children of Elohim, to those believing in His Name, Matthew 24:9 “Then they shall deliver you up to affliction and kill you, and you shall be hated by all nations for My Name’s sake, Matthew 18:20 “For where two or three are gathered together in My Name, there I am in their midst,”  John 14:13-14 “And whatever you ask in My Name, that I shall do, in order that the Father might be esteemed in the Son. “If you ask whatever in My Name, I shall do it, John 14:26 “But the Helper, the Set-apart Spirit, whom the Father shall send in My Name, He shall teach you all, and remind you of all that I said to you, John 15:16 “You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in My Name He might give you & John 15:20-21 “Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they shall persecute you too. If they have guarded My Word, they would guard yours too. “But all this they shall do to you because of My Name, because they do not know Him who sent Me.





















Messiah performed miracles in the Name of Yahuah as He stated: "The miracles I do in my Father's Name speak for me" - John 10:25.


No comments:

Post a Comment