Thursday 3 March 2022

Receiving the Spirit







The next step after believing the Creator exists and obeying Him, is receiving the Spirit of Yahuah, known as the Ruach HaKodesh or Set-apart Spirit and in English the Holy Spirit.

Can a person believe there is a Creator and not have the Spirit of Yahuah? I believe so!

To receive the gifts of Yahuah, you need the Ruach HaKodesh from the Most High Creator.

His Spirit is given to those who obey Him (see Acts 5:32), likewise His Spirit can be taken away from those who disobey Him.King Saul and King David are two good examples of receiving the Ruach of Yahuah and how their lives turned out.

1 Samuel 10:6“And the Spirit of Yahuah shall come upon you (that is King Saul), and you shall prophesy with them and be turned into another man.1 Samuel 11:6 And the Spirit of Elohim came upon Saul mightily….


 

 





We read in 1 Samuel 16:14 of Yahuah taking His Spirit away from Saul. This is the sad result when someone, who had received the Spirit, disobeys Yahuah – even if the Spirit of Elohim did come upon him again for a while, as we read in 1 Samuel 19:23.

On the other hand, we have King David also receiving the Ruach from Yahuah in 1 Samuel 16:13.

Both King Saul and David received the Spirit of Yahuah because they knew, loved and obeyed the Almighty.

The Spirit of Yahuah was removed from King Saul because of disobedience and his repentance was not sincere due to his pride. I believe King Saul forgot the importance of having the Spirit of Yahuah due to his blindness to pride.

King David understood the importance of having the Spirit of Yahuah as we read in Psalm 51:10-11 where David cried out to Yahuah after his sin, to create in him a clean heart and not to take away the Spirit of Yahuah.

David’s repentance was true.


 

 

 






Here are some scripture verses of how Yahuah gave His Spirit (Ruach) to people;

Yahuah speaking to Moses in Exodus 28:3“And you, speak to all the wise of heart, whom I have filled with a spirit of wisdom, …...

Yahuah giving His Spirit to a person to make designs for the temple in Exodus 31:3 and I have filled him with the Spirit of Elohim in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all work, ……

Numbers 11:29 Then Moses said to him, “Are you jealous for my sake? Oh, that all the people of Yahuah were prophets, that Yahuah would put His Spirit upon them!”

Judges 3:10 And the Spirit of Yahuah came upon him, and he ruled Israel,

Judges 15:14 When he came to Lehi, the Philistines came shouting to meet him. And the Spirit of Yahuah came mightily upon Samson.

David’s last words in 2 Samuel 23:2 was; “The Spirit of Yahuah has spoken through me, and His word is on my tongue.

Psalm 33:6 By the Word of Yahuah the heavens were made, and all their host by the Spirit of His mouth,…

“The Word” and “the Spirit” are fully in agreement, with one accord.

Nehemiah 9:20“You also gave Your good Spirit to instruct them, and did not withhold Your manna from their mouth, and gave them water for their thirst.

2 Chronicles 15:1 And the Spirit of Elohim came upon Azariah son of Oded.


 

 

 






The fulfilled prophesy of the coming Messiah

Isaiah 11:2 The Spirit of Yahuah shall rest upon Him …...

Isaiah 42:1 “See, My Servant whom I uphold, My Chosen One My being has delighted in! I have put My Spirit upon Him;

Isaiah 59:20-21“And the Redeemer shall come to Tsiyon, and to those turning from transgression in Jacob,” declares Yahuah. “As for Me, this is My covenant with them,” said Yahuah: “My Spirit that is upon you, and My Words that I have put in your mouth, shall not be withdrawn from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your descendants, nor from the mouth of your descendants’ descendants,” said Yahuah, “from this time and forever.”

His Spirit and His Word operate together, in unity. This prophecy about a covenant was for True Israel, therefore for Messiah, for He is the embodiment of True Israel – He is their Sovereign.

Future Prophesy that has already begun but not completed;

Ezekiel 39;28-29‘And they shall know that I am Yahuah their Elohim, who sent them into exile among the gentiles, and then gathered them back to their own land, and left none of them behind. ‘And no longer do I hide My face from them, for I shall have poured out My Spirit on the house of Israel,’ declares the Master Yahuah.”

Has this prophesy begun or still in the near future;

Joel 2:27-28“And you shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am Yahuah your Elohim and there is no one else. And My people shall never be put to shame. “And after this it shall be that I pour out My Spirit on all flesh. And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men dream dreams, your young men see visions.

The apostle in Acts 2:17 also mentions this same prophesy.


 

 

 








The Messianic period

Matthew 3:11 “I indeed immerse you in water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to bear. He shall immerse you in the Set-apart Spirit and fire.Read also Luke 4:18, This I believe is the fulfillment of Isaiah 59:20-21 & Isaiah 61:1-3.

John 6:63 “It is the Spirit that gives life, the flesh does not profit at all. The words that I speak to you are Spirit and are life. See verse 68, and 1 Corinthians 15:45. Again the Word and Spirit are in unity.

Acts 8:1-2 There is, then, now no condemnation to those who are in Messiah Yahusha, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the Torah of the Spirit of the life in Messiah Yahusha has set me free from the law of sin and of death.

This means to me: Those who have only been born of the flesh are fleshly, while those who have been born of the Spirit are new creatures and the Ruach now lives in them to convict them to no longer sin or wish to sin and they love the teachings or law of Elohim.

1 Peter 1:2 chosen according to the foreknowledge of Elohim the Father, set apart by the Spirit unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Yahusha Messiah:

Obedience is also stressed in 1 Peter 1:14 & verse 22 Now that you have cleansed your lives in obeying the truth through the Spirit …….

1 Corinthians 3:16 Do you not know that you are a Dwelling Place or temple of Elohim and that the Spirit of Elohim dwells in you?

John having the Ruach show him the future in Revelation 1;10 I came to be in the Spirit on the Day of Yahuah, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, ….

The following is very important for all true believers; 1 Thessalonians 2:19 Do not quench the Spirit.


 









I believe the main reason why we are told to be set-apart, not to touch what is unclean and to come out of her, is because the world and its system keeps us so busy with all sorts of fleshly things that the Spirit of Yahuah is quenched. This is just my opinion.

Personally, for me the most important words for receiving the Ruach HaKodesh is in John 14:23-24 Yahusha answered him, “If anyone loves Me, he shall guard My Word. And My Father shall love him, and We shall come to him and make Our stay with him. “He who does not love Me does not guard My Words. And the Word which you hear is not Mine but of the Father Who sent Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment